Saint Benedict Festival 2018
This summer, we invite you to make a pilgrimage to Mount Angel Abbey and experience the Saint Benedict Festival on Saturday, July 7, with our Benedictine monastic community.
Each year at the festival, we monks open our home and hearts to all of our guests.What better way to grow in faith and fellowship than to spend an afternoon with friends at the Abbey, seeking “the things that are above”?
Some highlights for this year’s festival include:
- A picnic lunch highlighting cuisine you may experience on pilgrimage to Rome, Spain, Jerusalem or Mexico
- Benedictine Brewery beers and Willamette Valley wines
- A special exhibit of Br. Claude Lane’s iconography
- Monks telling their vocation stories along the “pilgrimage of life”
- Abbot Jeremy speaking about Benedictine life and spirituality
- Games of lawn jenga, bocce ball or cornhole played with the Abbey’s junior monks
Support the festival by becoming a sponsor or purchasing tickets today. (adults 21+ only, please) All proceeds go directly to help fund the Abbey’s guesthouse and retreat center, library and monastery.
We hope you will plan to join us this year! Mark your calendar now for Saturday, July 7, for the fourth annual Saint Benedict Festival! The day starts with Noon Prayer in the Abbey church and concludes with Vespers at 4 p.m.
And if you're in the area before then, know that you are always welcome to stop by and enjoy the beauty of the Abbey hilltop and join the monks for prayer.