Make a Gift
We gratefully receive and acknowledge all gifts! The easiest way to support Mount Angel Abbey and Seminary is by making an online gift to the Abbey Foundation of Oregon (below). For other options, please see Ways to Give.
Make a secure online gift using Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover. You may designate your gift to any of the purposes listed below:
Your gifts in this category ensure that Mount Angel Abbey’s annual costs to operate the monastery, seminary, guesthouse and library will be covered. Such gifts allow the Abbot to meet specific budgetary needs as they arise.
Your gifts to the monastery at Mount Angel Abbey help support more than 50 Benedictine monks in their lives of prayer, work and ministry, including:
- Education of monks preparing to serve as priests, seminary faculty and spiritual directors
- Nursing care for senior monks who have devoted their lives to serving the Church
- Maintenance of facilities, grounds, Hilltop infrastructure, and vehicles
- Benedictine hospitality in the Saint Benedict Guesthouse and Retreat Center.
Your gifts to Mount Angel Seminary help prepare priests to minister to parishes in the United States and around the world, including:
- Intensive spiritual and personal formation programs
- Field training at parishes, soup kitchens, schools and prisons
- Challenging academic instruction
- Preaching and parish administration courses
- Affordable room and board
- Support for needy seminarians and dioceses.
Your gifts to the Saint Benedict Guesthouse and Retreat Center will help the monks welcome all guests as Christ in the tradition of Saint Benedict, as well as:
- A peaceful sanctuary for prayer and spiritual renewal
- Private retreats for individuals and groups
- Public conferences and retreats
- Spiritual direction provided by monks
- Programs for young adults, parishes and lay groups
- Support for guests who cannot afford a retreat
Your gifts to Mount Angel Abbey Library serve the monks, seminarians, faculty, the local community and scholars around the world, by helping to:
- Preserve and maintain the library structure as a historic architectural gem
- Develop the most significant theological libraries in the Pacific Northwest
- Provide presentations, recitals, lectures, and events
- Purchase new books, periodicals and digital resources