Saturday, July 13, 2019
Noon Prayer (12 pm) to Vespers (4 pm)
Each summer, for one afternoon in July, the peaceful atmosphere of Mount Angel Abbey is enlivened with sounds of mellow jazz, lawn games, animated conversation and laughter, as the monks celebrate the feast of their patron, Saint Benedict, and share their home with more than 1,000 guests.
- Begin the afternoon by joining the monks for Midday prayer
- Experience Benedictine hospitality in the beautiful setting of the Abbey lawns, church, library and guesthouse
- Enjoy Benedictine Brewery beer, local Willamette Valley wines, and a catered picnic lunch
- Tour the newly renovated Saint Benedict Guesthouse & Retreat Center
- Bid on Silent Auction items that offer opportunities to get to know the monks, such as, hiking, playing penuchle for an evening, enjoying a meal together, or joining with friends at the Benedictine Brewery
- Hear Abbot Jeremy speak about Benedictine life and spirituality
- Get to know the monks through casual conversation, tours of the Abbey, or join in a round of lawn Jenga or Cornhole
- Explore the life of the monks in the Abbey Experience Booth and see samples of woodwork, calligraphy, and more
- Conclude the afternoon and refresh your mind and heart with the quiet chant of Vespers with the monks
Tickets on Sale Now
Tickets are $50 each and include the catered picnic, 2 glasses of Abbey-made beer or Willamette Valley wine, and all activities.
Proceeds support the Mount Angel Abbey library, guesthouse, and monastery.
Please note, this event is pet free and for adults 21 and older. Thank you!