Saturday, July 13, 2019
Noon Prayer (12 pm) to Vespers (4 pm)
Each summer, for one afternoon in July, the peaceful atmosphere of Mount Angel Abbey is enlivened with sounds of mellow jazz, lawn games, animated conversation and laughter, as the monks celebrate the feast of their patron, Saint Benedict, and share their home with more than 1,000 guests.
- Join the monks as they chant Midday Prayer at noon
- Enjoy a picnic of locally sourced cheeses, meats, and fresh garden greens
- Listen to the monastic schola perform sacred music in the Abbey church
- Review the liturgical year in music on the Abbey’s Martin Ott pipe organ
- Tour the newly renovated Saint Benedict Guesthouse and Retreat Center
- View and venerate the holy relics kept at Mount Angel Abbey
- Meet Abbot Jeremy as he signs his latest book, “Awesome Glory”
- Discover Benedictine Brewery beers and Willamette Valley wines
- Visit the Abbot’s Attic and Abbey Experience booths
- Extend your monastic experience throughout the year with Silent Auction bids
- Browse the Abbey library’s HUGE used book sale
- Challenge a monk to Lawn Jenga, Ladder Golf, or cornhole
- Learn how we find joy as we “Seek Things Above”
- Take a self-guided tour of the Abbey’s natural history museum
- Explore a display of the history of printing at the Abbey’s press
- Conclude the afternoon and refresh your mind and heart with the quiet chant of Vespers with the monks
Tickets on Sale Now
Tickets are $50 each and include the catered picnic, 2 glasses of Abbey-made beer or Willamette Valley wine, and all activities.
Proceeds support the Mount Angel Abbey library, guesthouse, and monastery.
Please note, this event is pet free and for adults 21 and older. Thank you!