Gifts of Appreciated Stock or Other Securities
BENEFITS FOR YOU TODAY
A gift of appreciated securities is one of the easiest and most significant ways to plan a Legacy gift to the Abbey Foundation of Oregon. Such a gift allows you:
• Provide an unrestricted gift to support the work of Mount Angel Abbey; support a favorite apostolate, the Monastery, Seminary, Guest House or Library; or establish a scholarship or perpetual endowed fund.
• Memorialize your values and dedication to our work at Mount Angel Abbey.
• Make a larger gift than might have been possible during your lifetime.
• Receive a generous income tax charitable deduction for the full value of the donated securities, subject to an annual limit of 30 percent of adjusted gross income with five extra years to carry over the excess deduction.
• Avoid potential capital gains tax.
• Reduce your taxable estate.
• Feel good knowing you have supported an important mission with a meaningful gift.
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT OF SECURITIES
2. We can provide instructions for hand or mail delivery of actual paper stock certificates.
3. Consult with your financial professionals for specific details about your gift plans and your personal tax situation.
4. You may also designate payment-upon your passing-of stock or mutual fund accounts as a gift to the Abbey Foundation of Oregon, (Federal Tax ID #04-3703021). Please contact us for instructions.
For all named, scholarship and endowed funds, a separate agreement with the foundation is created to describe the ultimate use of your gift. Please contact us for a sample agreement.
To learn more about this rewarding way to support Mount Angel Abbey and Seminary, please contact Jodi Kilcup.