(1) An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used, or intends to use, no less than 50 percent of the funds received under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Mount Angel Seminary signed and submitted the application for funds under Section 18004(a)(1) on July 20, 2020. The agreement indicates that we intend to use no less than 50% of those funds for grants to students.
(2) The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
Mount Angel Seminary received $35,846 from the Department of Education for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students. From HEERF II, Mount Angel Seminary received an additional $35,846.
(3) The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
As of 06/30/2021: $51,700 distributed.
(4) The estimated total number of students at the institution eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act..
The estimated number of eligible students at the instiution is 106.
(5) The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
As of 06/30/2021: 132 students have received a grant.
(6) The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under Section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
Each eligible student received $300. A student is eligible if they are enrolled or auditing a course and are not an international (student visa) or undocumented student. In addition, students with need as determined by pell-eligibility receive an additional $1,000.
Additional funding is available for eligible students with extra costs caused by coronavirus. Students must have a FAFSA on file and submit a signed request to the Registrar detailing the nature and amounts of the expenses involved and indicating how they are related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. The request will be reviewed by a committee to determine the amount of funds that will be provided within the context of the requests received and the funds that are available. The maximum amount a student can receive is: $6,345.
In May 2021, following Department of Education guidance international students are eligible for funds.
(7) Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Sent on March 29, 2021:
Recent changes to federal regulations have made most students eligible for student aid relief from the federal government. If you are receiving this email you are eligible for funds.
The President-Rector’s Council voted to disburse $300 to each eligible student ($200 to those students who already received a $100 in the fall). This money is meant to offset additional costs you may have incurred this academic year (shipping, buying online, transportation, toiletries, personal items, etc.).
Additional funding is available for students who have legitimate COVID-related expenses above the amount already being disbursed (a total amount of $300.00) due to the coronavirus pandemic. To apply for additional funding send a description of the need and total cost to me and I will forward your request to a committee to review. There is no need to provide receipts, but just a description of the need and cost.
To submit a FAFSA, go to: https://studentaid.gov/h/apply-for-aid/fafsa
For the 2020-2021 FAFSA, information is from the 2018 tax year. When filling out the FAFSA please indicate Mount Angel Seminary, with the school code: 003203.
If you have any questions or desire additional information, please contact me at email@example.com.