BENEFITS FOR YOU TODAY
A charitable bequest is an easy and significant way to plan a Legacy gift to benefit the Abbey Foundation of Oregon. A bequest allows you to:
• Provide an unrestricted gift to support the work of Mount Angel Abbey; support your favorite apostolate, the Monastery, Seminary, Guest House or Library; or establish a scholarship or perpetual endowed fund.
• Memorialize your values and dedication to our work at Mount Angel Abbey.
• Make a larger gift than might have been possible during your lifetime.
• Retain control and use of your assets during your lifetime. Bequests are revocable and may be altered as your circumstances change.
• Enjoy an unlimited estate tax charitable deduction and reduce your taxable estate.
HOW TO CREATE A BEQUEST
1. Contact Jodi Kilcup for specific sample bequest language or use this example:“I hereby give and bequeath________ ( a specific gift or a percentage of the residue of my estate) to The Abbey Foundation of Oregon, a recognized public charity whose legal address is One Abbey Drive, Saint Benedict, Oregon 97373, tax ID 04-3703021, for such purposes as The Abbey Foundation of Oregon shall determine are in the best interest of Mount Angel Abbey and Seminary.”
2. Consult with your attorney to incorporate a bequest statement in your will or trust.
3. Consider a beneficiary designation of a life insurance policy, commercial annuity, or retirement plan using a simple change in the beneficiary designation form.
4. Consider designating payment upon your passing of a stock or mutual fund account using the appropriate form from your bank or broker.
Your bequest gift may be for all or part of your estate account or stated as a percentage. Our staff can provide you or your counsel specific language to assure proper legal wording. For all named, scholarship and endowed funds, a separate agreement with the foundation is created to describe the ultimate use of your gift. Please contact us for a sample agreement.
To learn more about this rewarding way to support Mount Angel Abbey and Seminary, please contact Jodi Kilcup.