Gifts in Kind, Non-Cash Gifts
Gifts in kind typically involve tangible personal property, which may include such things as works of art, books, jewelry, collectibles, antiques, equipment, and vehicles.
BENEFITS FOR YOU TODAY
A gift of tangible personal property is an easy and significant way to support the Abbey Foundation of Oregon. Such a gift allows you:
• Provide needed or valuable items in support the work of Mount Angel Abbey, or support
your favorite apostolate, the Monastery, Seminary, Guest House or Library.
• Receive an income tax charitable deduction for the fair market value of the gift.
• Feel good knowing you have supported an important mission with a meaningful gift.
HOW TO GIVE A GIFT IN KIND
2. Consult with your tax advisor, accountant or attorney regarding the nature of the charitable contribution tax deduction available for this gift. In general, the tax deductibility of tangible personal property depends upon the nature of the gift property and the property’s benefit to or intended use by the Abbey Foundation of Oregon.
3. Complete and return the Gift in Kind form, receive acceptance from the Gift Acceptance Committee and arrange for delivery of the item to Mount Angel.
To learn more about this rewarding way to support Mount Angel Abbey and Seminary, please contact Jodi Kilcup.