The prayer board is an opportunity for anyone to request prayers for urgent needs, as well as the occasion to pray for others, “to lay our petitions before the Lord God of all things with the utmost humility and sincere devotion” (Rule of St. Benedict 20). When prayers are requested, they will be included in the intentions of the whole Mt Angel Abbey Community.
Send prayer intentions to MtAngel.Oblate@gmail.com
Please click here for Prayer Board Guidelines
1. I'd like to offer some prayers for the repose of the soul of a
fellow V.A. employee who died last weekend.
1. Please pray for the repose of the soul of my sister, Michelle Feltner, who died in PA last night in her sleep (she had been under medical treatment for a heart condition, but this was unexpected). She was 44 yrs old, and leaves behind one young son, Mikey (12 years old), and two older sons Patrick (23) and Mark (21). I am leaving to travel to PA tomorrow to be with my family. Please pray for our Roddy family, as we are all in shock at her unexpected loss, and my mom is devastated (she just lost my dad last year). While we rejoice at her good fortune of passing on to the next life, we pray for the strength and comfort that only God can give. Praise God for the peace and joy of Easter during this difficult time!
1. Please pray for my 7 year old niece, Madeline, who has been hospitalized in PA since Sunday with severe pain in the abdomen, vomiting, etc. They thought it might be her appendix, but a cat scan shows that there is something wrong with the lymph nodes in her abdomen. Please pray for wisdom of the doctors as they continue testing and diagnosis; for a complete recovery of Madeline; and for the worried parents/grandparents/family, that they may place their trust in God.
1. Dawn requests prayers for deliverance from evil and for health of body and soul.
2. Thanksgiving that Don's surgery went well, and continued prayers for his complete recovery.
1. I have started a Novena to ST Joseph today for Don. His surgery is on the feast of St Joseph. I thought maybe a few of our friends might want to do one with me. I also have been lead to prayer to St Anne since all this started. Perhaps you would ask her intercession as well.
Blessings to all of you LaVern+
1. We pray, Lord Jesus, for all those struggling with illness, for their families, and caregivers, including prayers requested for Jeff, whose melanoma cancer required removal of his eye approximately one year ago. He is now diagnosed with melanoma cancer in his liver. Thank you ahead of time, Dear Lord.
+ Mary L.
Novice - Lay Oblate
1. Dear community, please pray that Lord deeply heals every moment of my
previous life in sins with His unconditional love and for total trust
in His mercy. After years of conversion I am painfully tormented by
darkness and guilt, I can`t move one step forward. God bless you!
1. A great big THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE BEEN PRAYING FOR US!!! I truly believe in the power of prayer. I am on the mend. Slowly I am starting to feel like the "old" me. Sometimes it seems like a dream that I really had a heart attack.
Just before leaving for CA after alot of tests they found a tumor on Don's kidney and his liver. We also found out that Don has always only had one kidney! Don will have the kidney biopsyed on Jan 23. Then we will go from there. He will do extensive blood work on the liver....and an MRI after the kidney biopsy. Please continue to hold us in your prayers esp Don and on the 23rd. It will be a 2 hour procedure. We continue to put all that is going on in God's hands. Thank you again for blessing us with your friendship and prayers.
2. Please pray for my husband's job to be blessed and protected and please pray for my job to be successful too as we face these very hard times. I also pray for God's blessings upon our 2 daughters.