Mount Angel Abbey
JOB TITLE: Custodian I
Under general supervision, responsible for custodial needs and care of the assigned areas within Mount Angel Abbey.
• Restroom and shower cleaning/sanitation
• Cob webbing, dusting and other detail work
• Sweeping, mopping, vacuuming staircases, rooms & hallways
• Cleaning glass
• Skilled/unskilled housekeeping duties
• Occasional setup (tables, chairs) for special events
• Must be male as this position may work inside the monastery and/or Seminary student living quarters.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 6 months prior custodial experience
• Working knowledge of general custodial procedures
• Able to work under the set standards as outlined in the Mount Angel Abbey handbook
• Good time management, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
• Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally, generally no more than 15 pounds at a time
• Job duties may include bending, squatting, stooping, going up and down stairs, walking and stretching
• Good decision-making ability
• Able to interact with a variety of people in a respectful manner
• Must be able to clearly communicate with supervisor and other management
• Positive attitude and willingness to assist with other duties as needed
• Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job
• Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities, as needed.